3 February 2009

the man who calls himself "Michael"

The mysterious man behind the intercom... who the fuck is he??

One night, many moons ago, Jessi and I are stumbling up the front steps. We stop here for a moment and sit down to share a cigarette. We are both pretty drunk, which means Jessi is really loud, and I am easily susceptible to tomfoolery and other playful tricks. So to hear a man's voice coming from somewhere out of the stoop is a little creepy and mysterious.

I know London is being watched by "Big Brother" all of the time via CCTV (Security cameras set up everywhere), but to actually hear his voice?? That shit was trippy.

Currently, I do not remember what he said, nor do I remember what we said, but the fact remains the same, there is a man who speaks to us from the box on the stoop. We do not know who he is, or where in the building he comes from.

Thus begins the search for "Michael". So, when ever I was out on the stoop alone or with friends, every guy that came out of the door or walked into it was asked if they were Michael.

It seems like this character was a ghost. No one was or even knew "Michael". After a few more days of questioning and a few more appearances by the mysterious voice that goes by "Michael", Leah finds one guy who she thinks looks like someone who would do such a thing. So we carefully watch him.

At the Lion King I was sitting by the suspect, so I asked him, Are you Michael?, he laughs and said, No, I heard about it though. I didn't think that this was too suspicious because this particular character is friends with one of my roommates, and I am sure she could have shared with him.

However, the next time the voice spoke. He knew who he was talking to, knew us by name.... then he started to get a little attitude. I couldn't tell if he was joking around, or taking our joking a little too serious. Well while some of the girls were having this intense conversation with "Michael", I snuck inside and put my ear to every door to see if I could find the culprit. We figured he has to be close in able to hear us outside in order to pick up his phone to talk over the speaker to us.... Well ladies and gentlemen, we found him. Flat 2, real name: Derek.
Creepy? Weird? Too much time on his hands?

No comments:

Post a Comment