18 January 2009

Musings from day 1


I don't know why I get myself into these things... I'm leaving.
I'm leaving on a big fucking jet plane.

I have no idea what time it is. I have no idea which way is north. I have no idea where it is that I need to go.
Knaresborough Place.

After asking directions, because I see no street signs, I am finally walking up to Knaresborough Place. There is one man standing outside the building and he puts my luggage inside then
directed me in the way the group was head to for lunch.
He didn't give me any street names. He didn't give me a name for where they were going. Only said that i would run into them....couldn't miss 'em. They had just left a minute or so earlier and were on foot.

Well... I didn't run into them, and apparently I can miss them, so i turned around to head back to the flats. The man had disappeared. There wasn't anyone inside. I rang all of the buzzers, no one anywhere. There is no front desk, so if you don't have a key and there is nobody in there.... there is no way you can get in.
I have no key to get in. I can see all of my luggage with the contact numbers inside.
Super.... so i found a Starbucks, thank god.
It is good to know that coffee is the same. Prices too. So I drank coffee and read for about 2 hours. It was darker, so i figured everyone would be back from lunch. I was wrong.

It is dark and it is cold, and nobody has returned yet, so I ran to the hotel right down the road to ask to use their phone. After explaining for ten minutes that i just got into the UK, never been here before, studying abroad, and couldn't get in touch with the people i needed to talk with..... he didn't let me use the phone, the jackass.

Luckily as I was coming out of the hotel, I saw a man coming out of the flats. He was someone's dad (I am assuming the girl was daddy's princess, a spoiled brat because her dad had to come over here to see her off, they rented a car, and he went to the store to buy her and her roommates a shit load of crap for their flat while they were all at lunch). He let me in and I just had to wait.

Wells Court.
At least I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment