27 January 2009

Have you accepted Jesus into your life?

Sainsbury's: The local grocery store.
Last place you would expect a conversion right?
Well, apparently not for the guy behind the cigarette counter.

I'm ordering my Mayfairs, and he asks how my day has been. Great, I say.

What? (His accent is thick. Sounds a bit Northern African maybe. ?)

I said it was great.

Good. Well, I have good news for you. Jesus, (he nods at me), loves you.

aha... what?? is this happening? I am buying cigarettes, not looking for salvation.

Thanks! Jesus loves you too!! And of course this came out in a mocking tone. I felt a little bad about it, I was just too shocked to respond somewhat appropriately. We shortly finish our cigarettes for money exchange and I start to walk away, but apparently he wasn't done yet. Have you accepted him into your life?

WhAT!?
I shout because I am walking away from this scene as fast as my legs can carry me.
He asks again, Um, yea! (thumbs up).

Did that just happen?
Selling Jesus at the grocery store. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment